Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Yarn Along ~ heading into Advent


Right now, there is nothing on my needles, and I am joyfully waiting for some beautiful yarn that a friend bought for me from the Hudson Valley Sheep and Wool company. However, I did accomplish a rough and uneven  rustic mat for our prayer candle. 

Still learning, and I imagine that this is what it feels like when someone struggles to read? I look at patterns and feel rather helpless and confused and completely clumsy. But I keep at it...attempting, failing, trying. That constant circle of learning that is so often abolished because it can be so overwhelmingly difficult...


So as we journey into Advent, that "little Lent", this creation of mine, with its rough edges, uneven bumps, and raggedy sides can serve as that reminder of what it means to be human. What it means to keep hope alive, despite our rough edges....


I have to tell you that I never really gave much thought to Abraham (aside from the story of Isaac), and am truly enjoying this book about my faith, the faith of my ancestors, and the Muslim faith. Thought-provoking, and a very interesting read. As for my family, we will be using the "Tree of Hope" to make our Jesse tree to make our Advent celebration a beautiful connection with our journey to the manger.

As I slow down this holiday season, I want to remember what it is that I am celebrating, and what I want my children to remember. Not the hustle-bustle-crazy that is what the world seems to embrace, but rather the slow walk towards Bethlehem that the Magi took. (And enjoying all of the roughness, bumps, and raggedy-ness along the way.....)



Joining in with Ginny and others today.....
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...