Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Daybook ~ Missing Spring

FOR TODAY ~ Tuesday mid-morning

Outside my window...
Dogwood blossoms and oak tree branches are rustling in the soft (chilly!) breeze, and I am a little concerned about the seeds and plants that I so lovingly put in the ground last week. Mama and daddy robin are keeping watch over their nest, and several goldfinches, nuthatches, and black-capped chickadees have come to feed.





I am thinking...
Where are you Spring? You were so welcome and warm last week. I miss you, so please come back soon....

I am thankful for...
My cousin Kellie who so lovingly took care of my baby these last two days while I went to the dentist, and who also took care of my son Joe when he came home from school. (I am also grateful for a fabulous dentist...and Novocaine.)

From the learning rooms...
Although we haven't "officially" started to home school, we are nevertheless always searching for knowledge and have been researching certain facts about the Titanic (Joe's latest interest) and music from Africa. We are also going over the Stations of the Cross and delving deeper into Lent.

From the kitchen...
On a sleety, cold Sunday, cousin Nicole, with Joe's help, made special "banana dippers". So yummy and thoughtful.






Later tonight, we will have homemade macaroni and cheese (perfect soft comfort food), roasted sweet potato fries, and Southwest turkey burgers....

WAIT! ~ just got a phone call from Aunt Mary Anne (Cousin Kellie's sweet mama). She is going to bring us dinner tonight.... just because. Homemade chicken noodle soup, broccoli casserole, and pork tenderloin. I love my family, and am so grateful for their love and generosity!


I am wearing...
Comfy brown corduroys, and a soft cable-knit sweater. Oh. And my sweet cat, Sasha, is curled up on my lap. ;)

I am creating...
A blue multi-colored baby hat for a dear friend. (Cheating a little using the "Nifty Knitter" set...But hey, at least it's creating!)

I am going...
a little crazy because I haven't been able to cross things off of my list as quickly as I had hoped...Trying, therefore, to relax, and get into the rhythm of it instead of fighting it. Not easy for me to do. At. All.

I am (still) reading...
The Faith Club by Ranya Idliby, Suzanne Oliver, and Priscilla Warner. A fascinating look at three women, their faiths, and how they struggle to explain life to their children after 9/11. Beautiful. Intense. Uncomfortable. Necessary.

I am hoping and praying...
That my heart and mind will settle down some. Feeling a little anxious as I think about all of the things that need to get done, have to happen, or that I feel that I must do. Really, what I want to do is to be able to just move through life gracefully, and instead, feel like a clumsy ox. I pray for the grace to relax, to breathe, to enjoy. (This is indeed a recurring prayer of mine...)

I am listening to...
Baby Max's soft breathing as he naps, the purring of Sasha, and Mozart.

Around the house...
I am ashamed to say that I see some clutter piles and areas that need to be truly attended to.

One of my favorite things...
Is the way that Joe said, "Mommy. You really are just. Cool. And kind of funny." Because truthfully, I really don't feel that most of the time! I guess that it was because I was able to laugh at myself for not putting the puzzle pieces together right last night. I had told him that the Novocaine went to my brain. ;)

I am pondering...
the idea that I always want to have my home "guest ready". Tom and I want to have a loving, warm, inviting space that says, "come on in and stay awhile". Lately, I realize that no matter how clean my home is, it is never good enough for me. Because I see all of the dirty spots. All of the mess that I just didn't get to. However, when I really think about it, our home is always guest ready because our hearts are always open and ready. Much like our God, who is able to look past our "dirty spots" that we haven't cleaned yet, he is always ready to listen. So I am going to try really hard to not stress about the little things, and instead, be ready and open for anyone who happens to want to come and stay awhile.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Root Canal  ~ done! (well, 90% done anyway..)
Help Joe with homework.
Snuggle with Max.
Create healthy meals for my family.
Call and write a few friends who need encouraging.
Attack the clutter piles.
Laundry. Laundry. Repeat.

Picture thought

Head on over to:
for more inspirational thoughts! :)

1 comment:

  1. cousin Kellie BrunnerMarch 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM

    you are too great, cool, and funny....and your house is always open & welcoming just like your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...