Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Rose {Wordful Wednesday}


It's been a rough week. 


I ADORE spending time with my husband, and he has not made it home before 8pm any night this week and it feels as if I am spinning in circles. I have truly missed him, and our talks. Looking at each other over the oatmeal this morning, and as I was helping Joe with his backpack and as the baby clung to him...we had to laugh. We have ever so much to be thankful for, yes, but oh, time, how it sometimes rushes past. Life is so very precious.


As I helped everyone to the car, and pulled the crying baby away from his daddy (the baby who was reaching for him and blowing kisses at the same time).... I turned and saw this:



My eyes and heart filled as I looked to the heavens and just... breathed. I took a deep breath for the first time in DAYS, and it felt so good. Here, indeed is that "Shower of Roses" that St. Therese talks about. 


Here is the promise made to Juan Diego (Feast day December 9th) all those years ago in Mexico, and the reason that we celebrate Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12th.
Do you see the bud above the one in bloom? Amazing.

And oh. 
Yes.
Today is the Vigil of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, and tomorrow, we will gather at Mass in remembrance of her. Mary. The mother of Jesus.

So often, Mary is presented as a queen, a royal. But I must say that my favorite image of her is that of a mother. She, too, knew what it was like to have a laboring husband, and a child to care for. Cleaning, praying, cooking, loving.... Life.

As I go about my day today, I will remember this beautiful gift of a rose in early December. The one that reminds me that when work gets crazy, the house messiness never seems to disappear, babies cry, and time seems to drift away... beauty happens. Love happens. Miracles happen.

Blessed Vigil to you.....



Sharing here today:


And also here:
No Ordinary Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...