Thursday, November 17, 2011

pretty, happy, funny, real {saints and wimps}

{ pretty }
Curry coconut chicken
Not at all sure of what I was going to make for dinner on Wednesday, I went to the pantry and found a can of coconut milk. I had chicken defrosting. SO. I stir fried some garlic, onions, carrots, peppers, chicken, coconut milk, and voila. Thirty minutes later, my kitchen smelled heavenly! I loved the way that the colors looked in the pan.


{ happy }
St. John Bosco
It was the "Saints Hall of Fame" today at school and Joe was St. John Bosco. Did you know that he juggled to entertain young people? I loved Joe's happy face in this picture as he marched in with the other saints.

{ funny }
waiting......
We were able to score a ticket to get the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book signed by the author, Jeff Kinney! So exciting. Joe has devoured these books, and my goodness, to meet the author? Cool. And. We. Waited. In. Line. In the cold. For. Two-and-a-half-hours. This pic is of how we passed some of that time....


{ real }
*dead battery
Wouldn't you know it, my camera battery died as soon as we got up on stage.... only me, right? Luckily, one of the workers was sweet enough to snap this with her phone (since mine is ancient) and e-mailed it to me. One of the reminders that there are real people out there who can touch your heart at the strangest moments! Thank you, for that random act of kindness so that we can have a photographic reminder of tonight!


Sharing here:


round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...