Thursday, January 19, 2012

Threads of Grace {PHFR}

~ Capturing the context of everyday life ~

Every Thursday, along with Like Mother, Like Daughter!



{ pretty }


This lovely blanket was made for Max by Tom's grandmother and I just love the feel of the yarn that she used. Plus, the open design is just lovely, isn't it? So pretty on Max's rocker.

{ happy }

This lovely afghan was knit for me by MY grandma. It has taken many travels and wrapped me with love many times. Right now, it's snuggled up with "mama bear" in Max's room. (Sometimes, though, I have found it on Joe's bed, so I know that he gets comfort from it as well.)

{ funny }

Oh dear. At least I'm honest.... I have picked up knitting again and went to a lovely yarn cottage with my friend Beth and her mom, Mary Anne. Wonderful together time. On the left is the first dishcloth I made on fat needles to try and get the tension right. Ahem. On the the right, is the current project that looks like it will end up being more useful. The book has actually been quite a help although I MUCH prefer human contact and interaction. Another reason I so miss my grandma....

{ real }
 Can you see that it is Han Solo? He is sitting on the "Saints for Boys" sticker book.

And this is what the coffee table looked like this morning. I asked Joe what was up, and he said that the characters wanted to learn about the Saints. "You know mom, the force of God." Sometimes, that kid is more real than my heart can stand. There's real grace, there.




Sharing here:



round button chicken


No Ordinary Blog Hop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...