Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ The Hard Love

 
 So here we are, in the midst of Triduum... The end of Holy Week... How I need 5 minutes to just let it spill.
 
Take a few minutes yourself, and then link up HERE with Lisa-Jo and all of the other wonderful souls:
  
 
 
 
GO
 
Oh how our hearts can bleed and ache with pain and love.... Last weekend, that beautiful Palm Sunday morning, as I found myself in the utter wretchedness of losing a longed-for, desired-for with all of my heart child, I sat a moment in silence and drank in the words of one of my favorite prayers.... Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee....
 
....and then my heart gave a lurch as I pondered HER hard-fought love. This teenager, this girl, this mother, who could do nothing but watch as her dear child was dragged before court, betrayed, denied, and indeed put to death in front of her eyes. My GOD. Her GOD. Her LIFE. My LIFE. .... And suddenly, my little life, in fact my very belief that what I was experiencing was hard love, was simply all tangled up into that mystical grace....
 
A Hard Love that I am ever so grateful for, and yes, only wish that I had the grace to truly understand....
 
STOP
 
Oh wow. Way to many emotions today to be able to write with a clear head and heart....but I believe that what appeared is what needed to. That is the beauty of un-edited stream-of-consciousness writing, I suppose...
 
May your heart be blessed this Easter...

6 comments:

  1. I am so grateful for a faith that allows for mystical grace and for us to be daughters of such a holy woman.
    Many graces to you on this holy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for your unedited stream of consciousness writing, for I am also thinking of Mary at the foot of the Cross today and the mirror of her presence at the birth and death. May we strive to be filled with that mystery grace, mystical grace that you beautifully capture in your words. Thank you. Peace and grace to you this holy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched the Book of John last night at church and during the crucifiction scene they show Mary watching being held by John, the apostle. I thought about this as well. What she went through and suffered...

    Again, my prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful reminder of the sacrifice that a mother made...such a poignant picture that love is not always comfortable and joyful. Praying for you and your family as you travel through this season, Mary Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful thoughts. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful writing...so heartfelt and compelling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...