Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ A few of my favorite things...

     Somehow, it is Friday again, and time for Five Minute Friday with Gypsy Mama..... Just write for 5 minutes (no editing...which for me is TOUGH...but fun)...


A few of my favorite things...


START


Oh how I love when Tom kisses my forehead and says that he'll make the coffee, and to just take a few more minutes to breathe. That simple act of love is precious. Then I hear Max softly cooing, and Joe talking sweetly to his brother....It's time to count those blessings...given by my God....


Salty sea air, gulls crying, waves pounding the shore. Sand beneath my feet, wind caressing my face. The PULL of the water on my soul, and the sheer magnificence of the Earth...Red rock canyons and lazy rivers, tent camping with some of the best people in the world. The smell of campfires, marshmallows, bacon frying....The smell of old-fashioned roses, rosemary, basil, my Grandpa's peony bush dutifully coming back every year, the taste of homegrown tomatoes. My dad's breakfast casserole, my mom's piano playing, my sister's phone calls and sweet hugs...


A handwritten letter from a friend, the feel of a book in my hands, the unexpected hug from Joe and a quick, "i love you mommy". The look from Tom that is just for me, the feel of his hand in mine, and the knowing that this is REAL. Love wraps around us like a soft blanket...sweet snuggly baby who smiles at this mama who is ever so grateful for it all....


Wandering into any Catholic church...in St. Maarten, in Arizona, in Chicago, in New Orleans....That spicy smell of incense, and the prayers of everyone rising up in the smoke, rising to God, making a connectedness that can never be broken......


STOP


O.K. This one was TOUGH.  I have so many favorite things, and it was hard to write quickly. My brain worked faster than my fingers, so.... apologies for the randomness of thoughts. I suppose that that is what makes it real, though....  :)


Come on... join in the fun...


5 comments:

  1. This was full of favorite things I wish I'd thought of! And it's beautiful to read. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Jo,

    Based on what you wrote and what I wrote we are kindred spirits!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post. It's a great reminder to count our blessings. Thanks for the uplift today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. One of my favoite things is kisses from my daughter, and when she says "I D mommy always" She days d for love. It just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the beach. I was made for it. I have lived near the coast all but 5 years of my life, in three different states. Handwritten notes...hmmm that is a trump card of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...